Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Friday, November 9, 2012

Libby signs the Pledge of Allegiance

Libby's elementary school puts on an annual Veteran's Day assembly.  This year the Eagle Singers (love the name--the school mascot is the Eagle) and the kindergarten classes learned a song that includes the Pledge and learned sign language to go with it.  My favorite part is probably watching Libby rock out (it is subtle, but you can see she has a lot of me in her) to the instrumental parts.  Also, it is clear that most of the kindergarteners aren't quite capable of signing and singing at the same time (Libby included).
It was a nice assembly.  I even shed a tear or two.  One class recited the "Flanders Field" poem which always gets me.  I am truly thankful for the men and women who have given their lives to keep our country a place where we can have a hotly contested election and there are no tanks rolling in the next day.  I worry, after this last election, particularly in WA about the sanity of our voting masses, but still...
CW Eagle Singers do the Pledge

No comments: