Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Libby's Little Lies

Libby is becoming quite the little liar.  It is a phase, right?  It is little things, like I say, "Did you put on clean panties?" after an accident.  She says "Yes!"  Then a few minutes later I see her dancing around clearly wearing no panties.
Just now I sent her into the bathroom to go potty (she is constantly potty dancing these days--holding it until the last second).  She walked right in, flushed and came back.  She said, "Did you hear me flush?"  "Yes, I said, but you didn't have enough time to possibly go before you came back."  She just stood there, not knowing how to respond.  She finally said, "But I really didn't have to go!"
A couple of days ago I put a humidifier in their room because Sarah has a cold.  Libby had a fit about the vapor smell when she went to bed.  In the morning it was unplugged.  I said, "Libby, did you unplug the vaporizer?"  She thought for a quick second and then said, "will you be mad at me if I did?"  Oh that girl!
She had to take a bath this morning because she wet the bed last night after another lie--she told me she would go to the bathroom on her way to bed.  But anyway, I straightened her hair since I hadn't done it in awhile.  It is getting longer, thicker (a little), and darker.


1 comment:

MikeS said...

Sounds a lot like a certain little girl at our house.