Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Leaps of Faith

A few times in my life I have taken giant leaps of faith.  Like when I submitted my mission papers, like when I gave up my graduate stipend (and our income) to look for a job, like when I gave up my teaching job to be a (mostly) stay-at-home mom.  Derek had been feeling like the time had come for us to move to Shoreline (only about 15 minutes away, but it would make a much bigger difference in his commute time during wrestling season. It is also an amazing school district.)  Anyway, I had been struggling with the decision.  I didn't want to just sell our house until we had somewhere to move to that was equally awesome (but with more space!).  I had been feeling very little peace on the subject.  Until this week.  Last Sunday I finally realized that we just had to do it.  We had to sell our house and take the leap.  We might be homeless for a bit.  But I know it is the right thing to do.  Now I feel like I can move forward with confidence.  The Lord has never let me fall when I have taken the leap.  In fact, I got called to the BEST possible mission, I got the BEST teaching job I could have ever had!  I know that we are being led to the BEST possible house for our family by taking this leap.  It is a daunting process.  But I know the Lord will see us through.  I was concerned most for Libby, who will have to change schools (probably after the school year starts).  I was praying and had the distinct impression, "Don't worry about Libby.  She will be okay.  I love her even more than you do!"  When she was praying last night, she prayed, "Please comfort me when we move."  I know He will!
Look for our listing in a couple of weeks! (Although there was a man at church today who is moving his family to the area asking about houses for sale in our ward...so who knows, maybe we won't even have to list it!)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I had a smile on my face when I read your post because this was our same story last year when we moved to Utah. It seemed a little crazy at the time, but without a doubt we were led to the exact spot where we needed to be for everyone in our family to thrive. I know it will turn out the same for you too. :)