Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Ragnar 2013


After Ragnar last year, I couldn't wait to do it again.  Sort of.  It is so fun, so insane, so awesome...all at the same time.  This year we were much more prepared.  We had an awesome theme--"Run the World".  We made t-shirts and sweat shirts and had AWESOME van decor.  I brought an air mattress for the "sleeping" on the gym floor in Oak Harbor.  It in an experience that is hard to describe, but it brings together some of my favorite elements.  Exercise, road tripping, friends, dining in fun restaurants, wearing costumes, decorating, temporary tattoos, meeting new friends, random dance parties on the street, down time, and so on....We decided we might even try to do one in April in San Diego.  Here are my favorite pics:

On the way to the hotel on Thursday night, a car passed us to let us know our roof top carrier flew open.  I pulled to the left since were in the left lane.  There was nothing for me to do but climb out of my window, onto the top of the van and push it closed with my body.  We did lose one sleeping bag and one pillow, but thankfully everything else was there.  

My friend Linda always does fun Race Nails for her races.  Here are my Czech Flag nails.  (That was my country for the run--although I did Slovakia for my 2nd outfit.)
Our van, complete with a globe mounted on the hood.  It was awesome.  We got lots of great comments on it!
Just before my first run.  I have a Czech flag on one calf and the Ragnar symbol on the other calf.  My flag was by far  the smallest, my one regret in the equipment department this year.  

My night run outfit.  The Glimmer sleeves from Linda were a big hit!  This run was 5.5 miles of cornfields  I was runner 6, just like last year.  My routes were almost exactly the same as last year.  


Just before my 3rd run.  Our team shirts were awesome.  It was a bit misty in the air so you can't see the amazing view behind me, but this Ragnar has amazing scenery.  

About to check off my final run on the van.  I am super excited!  We each had our head photoshopped onto a body of a super buff runner.  It was sweet!




We did it!

Photo finish!

No comments: