Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Friday, July 26, 2013

Libby's Birthday

Considering how crazy busy things are around here, Libby had a pretty fun birthday.  
Breakfast in bed.  A Mickey Mouse pancake (that she didn't eat because I wouldn't let her have syrup in bed--SO mean!) and a grapefruit.

Libby asked for a Rock Star party, and she got it!  It was a tad more chaotic that I would have liked, but with a group of 5 and 6 year olds, I knew that I should just let them have fun on the stage.
Fun for Reid was sharing some facts.  It was fascinating!  I never knew that an octopus has 3 hearts.

An amazing rendition of Gangham Style

She's 6!

Libby and Ava enjoying licking their candles.  Not sure that Libby ate a cupcake.  I would be shocked!  

Ariel, I mean Sarah, enjoying her cupcake.

Her party was on the day before her birthday.  After swimming lessons on the big day (which felt a bit anti-climactic) we went to Red Robin for dinner.  They sang to Libby and gave her ice cream, which she promptly rejected (due to sprinkles and whip cream contaminating the ice cream) and gave it to Sarah.

Favorite birthday moment.  Auntie Jen gave Libby a picture of a Razor scooter to show that one was coming in the mail.  Libby got all huffy and said, "I didn't want a picture of a razor scooter!"  But when it came in the mail she was delighted.  She is still getting the hang of it, but is pretty excited.

2 comments:

Jennifer Harris said...

Looks like a fun birthday! Scarlett glanced over at the screen while I was reading this and saw a picture of Sarah and Libby and shouted all excitedly, "Mommy, that's my friends from Grandma Harris's house!"

triciarnorton said...

Libby and Sarah just loved watching the Salmon DVD and seeing Scarlett and all the cousins. It was so awesome!