Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 17, 2016

A Bite of Seattle

For several years I was running Ragnar during the Bite of Seattle.  But, since I'm not doing much running these days, I decided to take the kids to see Dad at work.  Aunt Maren met us there.  The kids love going to the Seattle Center because of the wading pool and the fountain.  We didn't get there until around 5:00 or so, so we didn't spend as much time as they wanted to in the wading pool, but they still loved every minute of the water.  I was a smart mommy and brought a change of clothing and towels so that we could enjoy some food and chatting after that.  
We also got free balloon animals.  We stayed a little too long though, Ben got tired and when I wouldn't let him go in the bouncy house he popped his balloon sword on our way out of the festival.  (This is the reason I haven't done this kind of thing with my kids in the past...)

Wading pool fun!

All finished with her All American foot long corn dog.

Libby finished hers too, even after eating some gyoza and spring rolls. 

Ben did not finish his corn dog.  Not even close.  

Derek and Libby basking in the sun.  It was perfect temperature for those who weren't wearing kevlar.  

More playtime at the Center.  We need to go back when there is not a festival going on.


We forgot to get a pic with Aunt Maren.  But it was so fun to see her and spend time with her!
We also got to see and chat with Uncle Mike who was working with Derek.  It was a good night.
The way back to the car was the best though.  I had parked pretty far away because I found a free street parking spot.  We walked back by a different route.  I gave Ben a piggy back and the whole time he kept saying, "I don't recognize any of these buildings!  We are not going the right way!  You don't know how to get back to the car!"  It was so funny.  Then, at the car he started potty dancing like crazy.  So I made him go on in the grass next to the car before we drove him.  I love parenting boys!

No comments: