Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 17, 2016

It's Magic!

In my quest to give my kids some fun this summer I took them to a magic show at the local library.  It ended up being SUPER fun!  3 out of the 4 of us got to be up front as volunteers, only Libby didn't get to.  The Magician called on me, "You in the pink shirt, texting in the back..."  Busted. So I gave the last of 5 numbers for the "lottery ticket" trick and read out all the winning numbers from a ticket he had in his wallet.  (Sarah had also given one of the numbers.)  When I called the numbers, the kids holding the correct numbers (because they were all correct--crazy cool trick), the kids had to dance and then go sit down.  Sarah busted out the "sprinkler."  (Another girl from our stake was another great dancer!) Amazing.  Then when I read the last number (mine), I got to slow motion run and high-5 the front row.  He picked the right person for that job.  He didn't know it, but I am a pro at slow motion running and high-5ing.   
 Ben got to help with the last trick of the afternoon.  He was on stage for like 10 minutes.  And he was hilarious: flexing his muscles, laughing, falling down, etc.  For his trick, he wrote his name on a domino that eventually disappeared.  It reappeared at the very end of the show, inside a box, inside a box, inside a box that had been on stage the whole time.  The magician's name was Jamie Foxx with his lovely daughter Ella as his assistant.  I highly recommend it for a fun, funny, very entertaining show.  
I took this right as we came in, the room filled in a bit more, but it was a pretty intimate show.


The domino.  Ben wrote his name backward.  Not bad though, for a kid who isn't even in kindergarten yet!  
This video is pretty long, but I think it's worth the watch.  I wish I would have filmed from the beginning of his time on stage.

No comments: