Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 31, 2016

The Most Fun of All

After a week of so much fun, the house was a MESS.  I trained clients, fed my kids (although we did eat out several times), did laundry and that was it.  So yesterday, we had a cleaning day.  Each kid gave me time in 20 minute increments (they each cycled through 2x).  We cleaned the house ALMOST from top to bottom.  (Didn't get to the playroom or my bathroom).  They rotated giving me 20 minutes.  Then at the end.  I had a flash of inspiration.  Okay.  You guys gave me 20 minutes of doing what I wanted you to do.  Now I will do what you want for 20 minutes.
It was so fun and interesting to see what they wanted to do.
Libby wanted me to watch Episode 1 of "Liv and Maddie," one of her favorite shows. "So I would understand it," she explained. So I sat down for 24 minutes and watched with her.  It was really sweet for her to share that with me.  There were lots of side hugs and snuggles while we watched.
Sarah earned her kindle this week by finishing her 5th marathon.  So we spent 20 minutes adding stuff to her kindle, and figuring it out.  (I have one too, but I am still figuring it out.  It isn't like an apple device, sadly.)
Ben didn't actually get his 20 minutes because we had to go run some errands and get some dinner.
(Note to self, I am the only one who likes Chipotle, and even I prefer Cafe Rio.)
I owe him 20 today.  I'm guessing we will play with his new marble run that he earned by finishing his 4th marathon.
Chariot cart at Home Depot.  We got some supplies for their art project on Monday morning.  Sarah pushing with the other two riding.  This is worth documenting because I am sick of these huge carts.  I told them it is the last time we will ever get a chariot cart.  

I snapped this when I was out watering after I got the kids in bed.  I love our yard.  


No comments: