Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 21, 2018

A Birthday Marathon

Libby has declared that I am not just celebrating a birthday, but having a birthday marathon.  After my amazing weekend last year in Vegas celebrating with my friends, I decided that I need that every year.  So this year Emmi and I went to Minnesota to bring a baby shower to Jen.
It was SO FUN.
Emmi's flights took her through Seattle, so I flew Delta so I could fly with her.  Miraculously, on both of the flights, the person sitting next to her on our "completely full flight" didn't make it.  So we got to sit together both flights. 
The entire weekend was about catching up with two of my favorite women on the planet.  And it was perfect. 
Emmi and I both got a good chuckle over this sign.  

My two pregnant friends!  I had a dream that first night that I was pregnant too. Yikes!  I was happy to wake up from that one. We stayed in a hotel in Minneapolis that first night.  We walked outside and I couldn't believe the cold.  It almost makes it hard to breathe.  But it was refreshing.  For a minute.  Then we rushed inside as fast as we could!  We ate at the Newsroom for dinner on Friday night and at Hell's Kitchen for brunch on Saturday.  The food was awesome!  


Then we went to the temple.  It was a Spanish session with English subtitles.  That was a fun experience.  

 We then went to Jen's house to spend the rest of the weekend with the whole Bromley clan.  Jen is rocking being the mother of 5 (soon to be 6)!  She made us amazing food.  We talked and talked and talked and stayed up super late (I was thankful that it was 2 hours earlier for me)!  Jen made us some super yummy salmon that I am going to try and duplicate for my birthday dinner today.
Emmi brought us some Korean face masks.  I did the snail one.  Yucky, and yet amazing! 

We look a little scary! 

This is the de-icer working to prepare our plane for takeoff.  It was 7 degrees in MN when we left.  It was 64 when I got home to Seattle, a record setting high!  
It was a great weekend.  I paid for it all week by being extra tired, but it was worth it!  I love my girls!

On my actual birthday my kids and students made me feel really loved.  (Even though I managed to kill 90% of the class fish the night before...Oops.  Thankfully they had some extra.)

Derek went out of town with his wrestlers, and I had to go to the dentist.  So I came home and made pancakes and eggs for the kids.  They were disappointed that I didn't have a cake or anything (but I was too numb in my mouth to want to eat anything anyway). 
But on Saturday Maren came through.  We went to Costco and bought the dining set I've been wanting, and got a cake.  She took us out to Olive Garden and then we ate the cake and played Sorry.  I even WON!  A nice birthday treat.  Derek is home today, so we will have a little family celebration with a salmon dinner.  I actually love stretching out my birthday.  It's nice. 
You can't see it on here, but there are 22 candles, along with the number 82.  There wasn't a 4 or a 1, so they went with double the number.  HA!  I hope 82 feels this good! 

The kids all helped me blow them out, so we can all get a wish! 

No comments: