Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 7, 2018

The Best Christmas Gift

I forgot to blog about my favorite part of Christmas this year!  Instead of giving traditional gifts to each other, we gave gifts of service.  I made service coupons. 
 Then we sat down for a family home evening and we each made service wish lists.



Of course mine is the longest.  I could have written for days about the service I would love for my family to do around here...ha! 


Each person got to make 3 coupons for every other person.  I compiled each person's coupons into a little book for them.  I wrapped them all in a box that was the last thing we opened.  It was really fun to look through to see what service they wanted to give.  Ben used most of his as fast as he could.  I read him extra stories, Sarah gave him a massage, etc.  He hasn't yet used his "Dad will stay up an extra hour and play with me."  But he is excited to use it!  Derek gave me cleaning 2 bathrooms!  And a weekend extravaganza!  I can't wait to use those!  I have already had Sarah plan a meal (she clarified that she wouldn't make the meal, just plan it, ha).  Libby mated a boat-load of socks for me.  And Ben massaged my shoulders after my long day of painting (see next post).  Anyway, this is a tradition that I would love to use for years to come.  It is so fun to serve, it costs less, and it means no extra junk in the house!  Win win!

No comments: