Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Last Hurrah at Lake 22

This week I started back at school.  Lots of long days full of meetings.  It was a powerful week.  I am full of hope for the school year.  Also, we ratified a new contract with a 23.5% raise.  That is not bad either.
But before the week began, we took a family hike.  I had hopes for more hiking this summer, but with all the swim meets, we only did 2.  Next summer--for sure more hikes!

The Lake 22 Hike was AMAZING!  The hike was through beautiful forest.  The valley with the lake is gorgeous.  You can walk all the way around the lake and up to the ice cave in our pictures.  It was incredible.  I was also proud of the kids.  By the time we got to the van we had hiked at least 8 miles (according to my fitbit app--Derek's said more like 7).  And some of the trail had lots of loose rock, which is tricky going down.  But the kids did so well!  I love the way hiking makes me feel close with my family.

We got some good pics.  And it was a great way to end my summer.









No comments: