Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Halloween!

It's seriously the most fun we have all year, putting our heads together to come up with the Halloween theme.  I think we did pretty well this year.  (Even if we did have some mishaps in the costume purchasing.)



The Dairy Queen employee had clearly never been asked for an extra cup and lid before.  She was so surprised.  And confused.  But I think my "crown" turned out pretty great! 

I was glad I went all out for the Fall Festival--the Superintendent tweeted the picture she took of me! 
Sarah tried to tell me this costume was too big.  Please.  Hers was the only one we got absolutely perfect.  Except Derek's probably.  His is on point too! 

Libby got lots of "Dorthy," we should have picked up something from Wendy's the night we got the BK crown and the DQ cup.  Seemed like 3 restaurants in one night would max us out.  She rocked the look though! 
Notice that Ben has 2 different costumes.  Derek (rightly) felt like the first costume was too black, and too cowlike.  I put him in charge of finding a replacement.  He got the buffalo hat (Ben wouldn't wear it for longer than 2 minutes--too itchy) and the awesome Pretend I'm a Buffalo shirt and brown sweats.  So Ben wore the cow/buffalo on Friday night to the school Fall Festival.  And the Buffalo hat (sort of) for the ward party.  

I sure do love my Burger King. 



No comments: