Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Sarah Moved ON!

Sarah officially "Moved On" to Middle School on Wednesday.  Her class combined with the other hi-cap 5th grade to have a ceremony.  This meant that I could just come and enjoy as a parent.
Dad joined the zoom in the sunroom.  Maren joined from her house.  Grammy joined from work and Grandpa Brion joined from home.  I didn't even think to invite Mimi and Papa, as I was only thinking of those who would have most likely come if it were local.  (Sarah wasn't giving a speech...and it turned out that they didn't even recognize each kid individually.)  It was a low key event and as soon as it was over, Sarah got out of her dress and we went to Dick's to celebrate (her choice...definitely her choice).  I wanted an excuse to sit down at a restaurant again! 
But she looked amazing and so grown up!
This is my jacket...but she loves it!  

This was before we decided to move and let Dad have the Sunroom couch.
Enjoying Dick's burgers and fries (for non-Seattleites, this is a favorite burger joint that I didn't understand the appeal of when I first moved here...but I've converted.)

Grammy & the Graduate 

Zooming in!  
Sarah's teacher, Mrs. Peterson also came to visit her this week...I stood out there and chatted.  Did I think to get a picture?  NO!  Oops.  
Off to Einstein she goes!  (Hoping for in-person school!)


No comments: