Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 21, 2020

First/Last Day of School

Since we weren't actually at school for the last day--our last day pics are going to be in our favorite summer place!

I didn't take any last day pics for me...but I took the kids to the pool right before my "Staff Send Off."  We are sending off like 30 staff members since Meridian Park Kindergarten is closing as the 6th graders of the district go back to the Middle Schools and there is room at the rest of the Elementary Schools to take their Kinders back.  My last day:





First Day of School
Last Day of School (I tried to get her jumping in--but I missed it.  So here is her prep--getting on the mermaid tail.  Which I think says a lot about who Libby is right now.  She loves her makeup, her braids (on shower days--kinky post braids on the 2nd day) and pretty, sparkly things. She didn't do much school work during the shutdown.  And I really struggled to find the motivation to fight with the her about it.  There are times I wish I could nail that girl's fins to the floor. 
5th Grade Sarah--First Day
Sarah's last day--she did so well with online learning.  She loves to get things done--and fast.  So she just did it.  She was up before I checked in most days, and cranked out the work fast so she could work on her own stories, play solitaire, read books, etc.  She didn't move much during this stay home time, and she did a terrible job of taking her meds--so you can't see how much balancing her insulin helped her.  But we are going to get on it again.  She has another appointment tomorrow. She loves swimming.  I'm so sad there won't be swim team this summer. 
First Day of School.


This guy has grown SO much during quarantine.  He worked pretty hard on is schooling.  He needed some help most days to unpack his assignments.  I helped him figure out a plan to get started.  But he usually did most of the work himself, without help.  I helped him type some of his responses since he still doesn't know how to type well (well, none of the kids do--and they just didn't get into typing club, sadly.)
When I asked Ben if he wanted a chromebook to borrow for the summer (from the school), he said, "No thank you!"  He is ready for a break! 

No comments: