Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Fillmore Fun in Smithfield

We headed out to Utah after a week to catch our breath following the school year.  First stop, Smithfield to see the Fillmores who were in town from DC at their grandparents' house.  It is seriously SO fun!  And this year, the treehouse had new additions: a climbing wall and an epic rope swing!

We went on a hike to a waterfall in Richmond canyon (?).  I didn't write the name of the falls or take a picture of the signage like I usually do. I'm out of practice.  Libby stayed at the house to hang out with Reid who had a foot injury.  She ended up being kind of bored.  Sarah was a hike rockstar.  It was hot and ended up being a 5 mile round trip instead of 3.  I would have bailed if I had been one of the moms with a 2 yr. old.  But everyone made it!  We ran out of water, and should have brought snacks, but we did it!  Luckily we went to the cheese factory in the morning so I ate a ton of squeaky cheese before the hike--so I wasn't even hungry!  

The first group to the top! You can see the falls behind them. It was not an easy falls to take a pic of.  

The whole group

Trish & Emmi!  Love this girl! 

No comments: