Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Home Projects...

We stayed in Utah one extra day so I could help my mom finish her South America Room.  It made me REALLY want to get home and get started on my office.
So once we got home, I caught up on laundry, mowed the lawn, washed the car, and started moving things out of the office.  I had a lot of stuff in there.  Thankfully Ben was super motivated to earn extra money (he is obsessed with owning more Goo jit zu toys), so he helped.
Before

Before

Before
 
Have I mentioned that Derek HATES projects?  But I got him to help me remove the built in from this room (it was a super inefficient use of space--but I was sad because it was such nice wood). 
And this project didn't help Derek like projects any more because as he loaded it into the truck, he got this massive 2.5 cm splinter in his hand.  It was DEEP!  He had to go to urgent care to have it removed.  So, while we went to the beach and had fun (see other post), he sat in the doctor's office.  Yep, his hatred of projects continues to be justified. 

Emma and Kaj came and helped me with the wallpaper removal.  It was the easiest I have done so far because there was paint under all 3 walls.  They helped paint the ceiling too. Then I painted.  I have never had a room done so fast.  It was epic!  The furnishing isn't done yet...there has been a bit of a shift in perspective because of the Seattle City Council's insanity (there will be a post about this too...). So I'm holding off on buying the rug and furniture.  But I have a very good plan from my designer to work from.  But isn't it bright and beautiful?  (Another reason Derek didn't like this project--he liked the cave like office...)

No comments: