Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Libby in Orlando

I'm going to try to get Libby to write a post about her Orlando adventures when she returns.  But I wanted to write about the highlights so far.  
My favorite is how much she misses her siblings--and how much they miss her, especially Sarah. When they get a chance to talk on the phone it is adorable.
And Libby loves to talk.  I have talked to her more on the phone than I ever did when she was here it seems like.
My favorite quotes: "Don't think that I'm going to keep this habit of cleaning when I come home."

Another conversation...Libby: "It is just so hard when the kids don't listen to you!"
Me: silently laughing..."Why yes...it is!"
Libby: "Mom, it is so different when a 4 yr. old won't listen to you, not at all like a 13 yr. old not listening."
Me: dying laughing..."No...it isn't." 

She is homesick.  But loving it at the same time.
Davey Time

Pedicures with Ray

Epcot! (They went for a cast preview day)

Recreating this picture from her 8 yr. old trip

She said it was hard to wear the ears and mask at the same time.  She had to alternate. 

I miss my Libby girl.  Then she persisted in asking for something on the phone yesterday (after I said no) and I was thankful for the distance that is making the heart grow fonder.  I'm going to pick her up on Wednesday.  It'll be nice to have our family complete again, even if we resume our frequent headbutting. 

No comments: