Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Picking Up Libby & Libby's Actual Birthday

This week I headed to Orlando to pick up Libby.  It was such an interesting flying experience.  I could get used to no security lines, middle seats free (and sometimes a whole aisle to myself), and a totally uncrowded trip.  It was so slick!  Wearing a mask all day was not my favorite--I got a little (or a lot) nauseous on the flights and I think it was maybe the mask?  Also, going to FL is just a long day of flying.


But it was worth it to be there and spend a couple of days with my sister and to bring Libby back.
I got to eat some delicious Great Harvest bread--yum! 

The first morning I went for a walk in the neighborhood where my sister lives.  It is SO cute!  But when the rain drops started falling, my walk turned into a mad dash sprint through the pouring rain!  We don't experience that kind of rain in Seattle.  I was dripping wet in seconds.  

Then it cleared up!  I gave Brad's electric bike a spin.  
This was fun! I wouldn't mind tootling around on one of these--as long as it didn't start raining! 

Davey Jones is a momma's boy for sure--but he let me hold him a few times. 

Making espresso is a team effort sometimes at GH.  Brad is holding Davey. 

Devin playing on the wheat sacks

Libby showing me she can clean--but she won't be in the habit. 

We did some good relaxing, we watched Ant Man & the Wasp! (I haven't seen a Marvel movie in a long time--it was fun.)
 

Devin is really into the Three Caballeros (and old Disney show).  Here are 2 of the Caballeros :)


I went for another walk on Friday morning.  I got some help foam rolling when I got back.  
Then we headed to the beach.  We went to New Smyrna North Beach.  It was incredible! It was so warm and perfect.  Pure bliss! 

Libby splashed in the waves for about 2 hours, then I rented her a boogie board.  She had a tough time getting out far enough to catch big waves--she kept getting pushed back.   But she had a good time. 

This hot beach mamma forgot her sunglasses in Seattle.  So she wore these amazing ones of Devin's all day.  Ha!  It was so warm, I even got out in the water and did some boogie boarding. 
We reapplied sunscreen. Twice.  But we still got burned.  Especially Libby.  Poor thing.  Note to self: Need to apply sunscreen before we go--it is too hard to apply and then wait before getting in once we are there...
For her birthday dinner, Libby wanted RIBS.  So we went to 4 Rivers Smokehouse (masks on the way in and when we ordered, don't worry).

Then strawberry shortcake for dessert--well, just poundcake for Libby.  Strawberry shortcake for the rest of us. 
We got up VERY early and flew home.  
Libby said I couldn't take any pictures of her with her sunburn.  But then I tricked her into a few.
One great tragedy on the way home.  Libby got a hydroflask from the Great Harvest Lost and Found (it had been there over a month).  She managed to leave it on the first leg of our flight.  I submitted the lost item form, but it's probably GONE.  There were definitely some tears.  She is very very brand conscious.  Absolutely only a hydroflask is cool enough for her.  I too have left something expensive (a camera) on a plane.  So I felt for her.
On the way home! 

Snoopy in MSP was wearing a mask too! 

It was a beautiful sunrise in FL.
So now I turn my focus to the guest room (which I started removing wallpaper from), girls camp "in a bag" prep, and trying not to think about what to do about school, Seattle's insanity, etc.  

No comments: