Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Happy 4th of July!

It was a hot hot 4th of July in Centerville!  My kids love the 4th in Centerville--and even though the usual community celebrations were all cancelled, we still had fun.  
Rachel and I ran our own 5K.  Slowly.  With some walking.  But it was fun! 

Uncle Davey helped the kids do some pour painting.  (With Libby micromanaging--and not everyone appreciated.)

The paintings turned out really good! 

I made literally the BEST homemade ice cream I have ever had with the fresh raspberries from my parent's garden.  YUM! 

Dave bought a couple of fort building kits and we made EPIC forts. 

We did our own little Children's Parade. 



A couple of people even came out to cheer us on.  Did I mention it was HOT!?

We ate and hung out until it got a little bit dark.  Then we did some amazing fireworks.  This year we didn't set anything on fire.  The individual firework shows going on around us were incredible.  Apparently the firework stands had a banner year with all the big shows cancelled. 

Then the older kids (and neighbor Jax) got to hop into Papa's inflatable hot tub.  It was a great day.

No comments: