Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, March 21, 2021

Ben in person school...

 So Ben has done 2 weeks of school in person.  I have no photo evidence.  What the heck?  It's partly because he comes in the afternoon I guess.  But he stands right outside my classroom to line up. I could certainly have documented this.  He is really liking it-they are having fun at recess.  He has much more homework, since there is actually less time to get things done during the school day.  His morning teacher has him on zoom all morning.  He doesn't love wearing a mask, but he's okay with it.

I stayed remote, as the other HiCap teacher really wanted to be in person.  I'm not sad.  My new group (1/2 of her class and 1/2 of my first class that stayed remote) are great kids.  But of course the district promised another chance to change in April.  So I can't really get comfy with this group.  

The best news is that they are negotiating for kids to go back at all grades.  Please!  Please!  It is hard for Middle schoolers (Libby especially) to focus because the teachers don't require cameras on.  She just lounges in her room, dozing, listening to music, etc.  It's gotten much worse lately.  Let's go back to school!


No comments: