Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Kitchen Finale!

 


This kitchen....Such a big space.  With so many divides!  I wish I had $1 for all the people who hit their heads on those cabinets.  It might have funded the kitchen remodel.  (Okay, not quite, but still.)




Inside this little U was where it all happened.  I'd couldn't open the dishwasher without moving away from the sink. And the disposal switch?  Yep,  under the sink.  So close the dishwasher if you want to run the disposal.  It was a 3 ring circus to do dishes.  
Over the years we did cosmetic stuff, like take down the wallpaper (that was pretty early on).  I painted 2 different colors (okay 3 but one only lasted a weekend.). But nothing could change the fact that we were outgrowing the little breakfast nook and the whole dishwasher thing.  No one could help me cook or do dishes or else we were tripping over each other. 



We went through several different designs with our designer Emily Ruff.  Here is one of the ideas, designed to give us max windows.  But we ended up going with the one that gave us max cabinets and counter space.  There was no way to fit an island.  I may get a little rolling one--we will see if I feel like I need it.   





I've done my first cooking and I'm in love.  I'm so excited to have a kitchen again.  Get ready for an invite--as soon as we can! 








No comments: