Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Kitchen Update!

 It was a very good kitchen week.  If it weren't for a part the gas guy is waiting on, we would have all functional appliances! We are SO CLOSE!  And it seems like it's getting harder, not easier to wait.

I did use the sink and over a few times this weekend.  I just couldn't wait.  I do need to learn how to use the convention oven.  It is supposed to cook faster?  But on lower heat?  It is a smart oven that wants to do the conversion from regular to convention for me.  Not sure how I feel about that.

Anyway, so exciting.

Fridge is still sitting in the middle of the room because the fridge blocks access to the gas connections.  It has to wait until the gas is hooked up for the range.  We are also paying to re-run the gas to our front room fireplace--there is a leak in the current line somewhere deep inside the rocks.  So we've never been able to use it.  Excited that we will end up another gas fireplace that is functional! 

Microwave, sink, dishwasher, disposal (this last one is one I can't WAIT to have again.)

The backslash is done and grouted.  And I painted.  There isn't much to paint, thankfully (we are paying our painter to do the ceiling).  I was so happy that the color I already had in here still looked good so I didn't have to repaint the family room that is connected.  I found a fabric I am going to use to make a roman shade (I hope) to tie in all the colors I want in this space.  It matched the paint exactly! 

Hood up and functional. Ovens in!  

Where the fridge goes...

The curtain fabric, rug for in front of the sink, and some towels and accessories.  Excited to have blue.  I have had red for my kitchen accent for over 10 years. I'm also thinking about a blue toaster :)

Only about another week or so...can't wait! 

No comments: