Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Happy Belated Valentine's Day

 When I decided to go to Florida to help Rachel after her mastectomy and during my mid-winter break, I didn't even realize I was flying out on Valentine's day until it was almost upon me.  I managed a little gift for everyone the night before I left. 

I spoke Derek's love language by getting him an Eagle Fang Karate t-shirt and a new nerf gun to replace one of his new ones that broke already.

Ben kept saying that I was going to get everyone swimsuits (since I have done that in the past.) So I got him swim trunks.  

I got Sarah a gift card to Third Place books complete with a shopping trip to pick out her next "classic" (she's into reading classics.)

Libby was super bummed that hers was just a card and a Charleston chew.  But then it had a trip to Glazed and Amazed to do some painting with her friend Izzy.  It will be the most expensive by far (especially because I'll probably paint something too--) but it was worth it because it made her really smile.

Then I flew out and got a sweet Valentine greeting in the airport from my nephews.

I was pretty sad to be leaving my kids for the week--but this made up for it :)

Melt the heart, right? 



No comments: