Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, April 5, 2021

Happy Easter 2021

The Easter bunny didn't take pics of very many things yesterday, but she did capture a few highlights.  The bunny brought new "baskets" for the kids (which were their main gift).  Ben's was a switch case that looks like Mario's overalls.  The girls both got makeup cases.  They enjoyed the egg hunt--there were lego filled eggs again this year (an adorable Easter bunny).  While my hope that they would all work together to put it together wasn't fulfilled, Sarah did help Ben with it after Libby went back to bed.  We only had to go back on the hunt to find one more egg of Legos.  We found it--and not a piece was missing! (Maybe next time I need to label or count the lego eggs? Or maybe find a new idea--because Lego is onto this and the Lego bunny cost more than the rest of their stuff combined.)  



Ben actually went to Target with me and helped pick out some of the candy for their baskets.  


I didn't have the energy for the traditional conference cinnamon rolls.  So Ben said crepes were okay.  Which I was stoked for!  The new stove is perfect for crepes.  

The finished bunny 

During our conference crafting (we just set up a computer on the dining table and crafted for the whole Sunday morning session...it was awesome) I made these bunny napkin holders from BH&G magazine.  They were not adequate, of course, for the first spill of sparkling cider.  But they made the table look cute.  (I forgot to have Libby swap for a nice table cloth--but since she had the table all set--I wasn't about to have her do it over!)
For dinner it was the Nordie immunity community (no other Nortons could come for various reasons.) We had traditional ham & funeral potatoes, deviled eggs, egg nest cookies, rolls, and Hardie pound cake.  I was SO SO done by the end of the night I just crawled on to the bed and had Libby bring me an ice pack.  I really really hope that I didn't ruin the PRP injection.  I'm back to crutches this morning.  

Conference was so good.  I have so much to process and learn from.  I am so thankful that we have a true reason to celebrate Easter.  

No comments: