Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, April 19, 2021

School Pics 2021

As usual, these school pics say so much about these kiddos.  We discovered a mousse (Bumble and Bumble) that made Libby fall in love with her curls.  She got this picture and said--I look like a goddess!  So much confidence and excitement about her newfound looks with styled hair and makeup.  I am happy that she is so confident.  I don't love it when she sees older pictures and says "that's when I was ugly." But I guess I know that I look at my 6th grade pic and see my "ugly" phase.  
I wish I could say that this girl is rocking school right now.  But she's struggling.  Her report card isn't going to look good.  Math and English have both been hard. We are all struggling to figure out how to navigate school at this point.  Thankfully--back to school in person next week.  I am hopeful that she'll do better when she can be in the room to listen to instructions and do the lessons. She is pushing back on every rule and standard of our family.  So it'll be nice for all of us to have a break while she's at school.   
Sarah hated her picture.  She immediately hid it and said she didn't want anyone to see it.  She combed out her hair and it got pretty poofy.  Well--it's a 6th grade pic, right?  She has done well this quarter.  Her report card should look really good.  I'm proud of her school work.  She's still spending lots of time in her room--but she seems to be coming out more often.  Libby makes it tough for her to play with the other kids, so another reason going back to school will be good.  Sarah will get to see and reconnect with friends.  Now that she has a phone maybe she can even invite a friend over?  Ben's picture hasn't come yet.  Our picture day at MP was much later. 

No comments: