Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 2, 2021

Spring Break 2021

Spring Break 2021 was a a trip within a trip for me...(and for Geneva too I guess), so this post is about the Utah phase of the trip. 

We drove to UT, Libby was very unhappy about this.  Apparently she has developed car sickness if she watches the movies or eats meals in the car.  She can, however scroll instagram endlessly (she now has an account on my phone, so I can control her access...).  Anyway, she took some dramamine (non-drowsy--should maybe have gone with the drowsy) and handled it mostly ok.  Just a few temperature regulation issues when she was in the front seat in direct sunlight. 
I loved the drive, as I got a whole rundown of Norton/Fehlberg family history. I've been in this family for almost 18 years and there were so many things I didn't know about the generation before Geneva...and her generation too.  

When we got to Utah, we got to meet baby Lizzie--she is a doll!  I held her as often as I could basically.  I don't miss having a baby--but she's a fun one to snuggle and feed.  She makes the funniest faces. 




My mom had the fun inspiration to do an international week with the kids.  We did Mexico while I was there so I could go to my favorite Mexican restaurant (La Puente.) Then we did a cookie taste testing, to compare Crumbl with Twisted Sugar.  I've gotta say, it was a toss up.  Chocolate chip--Crumbl was better.  Sugar cookie (coconut lime!) Twisted Sugar all the way.  I was SO full.  Delicious. 

The next day was Japan day.  We did some Suminagashi paper dying art and made twinkie "sushi," stir fry and tempura.  We got Teryaki for lunch too.  

Dinosaur Park Time! (This was while I was in San Diego).  It was Costa Rica day, since that's where Jurassic Park was filmed.  

While I was gone they also did Egypt day (made death masks and catapults), and France (tested different french pastries).  It looked really fun.  



Lagoon Day with Uncle Davey & Mimi & Papa was a much anticipated day.  It didn't go very well for Libby who was in a funk (allegedly about how the girls there were looking at her and all had AirForces--but I think really about how she was nervous to come home and start school.) 


Libby and Ben spent most of the week playing outside with neighbor kids--Jax missed school the entire week, I think, to play with Ben.  Libby slept until school would basically be out, so then she went out and played with Sophie (a new neighbor).  Sarah mostly watched TV (Gillmore girls obsessed). 
Mimi and Papa & Uncle Davey were great hosts for my kids so I could go spend time with Jen & Emmi.  I flew home Saturday evening and we drove home on Sunday.  What a fun week! 

 

Ben was also so excited to be reunited with the cousins who introduced him to goojitsus (sp?).  He brought all 12 (or whatever) that he owns, using his allowance to buy a couple more just for the trip.   Also notice that he is wearing a sleeveless shirt...and the sun streaming in the windows.  Yep, this mom forgot to sunscreen him.  He got totally fried.  Mom fail! 


No comments: