Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 2, 2021

The JET Trip 2021

 The JET trip is the new name for the Jen, Emmi & Trish Trip.  Usually it has been Trish's birthday trip--but this time, since it ended in April, Emmi (I think) realized this was a great name. I love it!  

We went to San Diego for the 2nd time in a row.  I LOVE it there.  Staying with Jen's parents is amazing.  They are great hosts.  I need to take some lessons from them.  (Chocolate, water and a new puffy in my bedroom--amazing!). 

Mostly the point of the JET trip is to talk.  And talk, and talk.  We share all the struggles, pain, frustrations, joys and stresses of parenting, marriage, callings, aging, etc.  It is so cathartic.  

We find so many different and fun places to do this!  This year included the Glen Ivy Spa (amazing), shopping, a flower festival, a bluff on the beach, Jen's parents hot tub and family room...and lots of time in the car as we traveled to our various activities.  

I couldn't do this parenting thing without my village.  I'm so glad these girls are a part of it! 












No comments: