Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Cancer...again.

 Monday, I woke up to go to my first day of teacher workshops for returning to school...and there were too many Marco Polos and messages for a normal Monday morning.  I immediately saw that the news wasn't good. Rachel--has brain cancer.  3 spots that they found when she had a migraine that just wouldn't go away.  It made the day feel so hard and surreal.  One of my coworkers saw me crying in the parking lot and came and prayed with me and my mom (who was on the phone).

I already feel so uncertain and unsettled trying to get ready for this school year.  (They are likely adding a remote option this week that will change class configurations, just as school starts. UGH...could mean a job change for me.)

Over the week, Rachel's treatment plan developed.  She has 3 spots in her brain. They are doing gamma knife radiation.  One treatment.  Then they will see what the next course of action will need to be.  

I guess the breast cancer already being in her lymph nodes...it was on the move.

They are in a better place to fight this this time around.  Brad was just hired as a VIP tour guide at Disney.  Rachel has disability insurance and a job that will give her all the leave she needs.

My mom flew out already.

They are optimistic and it helped me move forward through this week.  But prayers for Rachel appreciated.


She beat back cancer once--she can do it again! 


No comments: