Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, December 5, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving!

 It's been busy...I mean, it was already busy. Then add a dog to the mix.  Add lots of appointments for various things, add in the holidays, and guests and work and then wrestling.  But it's been good.  I really like having a dog.  He's really great.  So this year, I guess I'm thankful for Buddy.

It was also such a fun Thanksgiving.  Uncle Davy came and brought his new girlfriend Anna.  I'm a huge fan.  We had a great time! We didn't take many pics.  It was raining too hard on Thanksgiving for the normal official picture.  (And, shockingly--I was irritated by the time we finally got to dinner.  Every year I say that I won't be...but every year I am.  Ugh.)

Dinner was delish, and then we had some good game playing.  The best was a 14 person game of SCUM!  There was a lot of back and forth in the game, so we got to to move around the table a lot.  After a brief stint in the scum seats, I stayed roughly middle of the pack.  


I think I did win a round of my Thanksgiving standby--Rummikub


We had so much dessert.  I ended up throwing away a pie and a half (almost 2 whole pies) when we hadn't finished them by the end of the weekend.  Next year I'll make less! 

I will say I timed out the pie making on Wed and the potato and stuffing making perfectly though.  The chilled pies were chill and the hot food was hot!  I was pleased with that.  

Love my Norton family--and I love that anyone else we bring gets wrapped into the Norton love.

Buddy also had a great time in Maren's fenced backyard having a playdate with Spaghetti.  Never knew I'd be arranging playdates for my dog.  But here I am! 

No comments: