Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Libby's First Tournament

 Libby had her first tournament yesterday.  It was in Raymond--pretty far away.  So I entrusted Derek and Track Wrestling to keep me updated.  Track was more reliable.  Haha.  Derek was supposed to film, but that didn't happen.  So here's the bracket.

Libby had to wrestle in the 115-120 weight class, there was no one lighter for her to wrestle.  As the top seeded wrestler in the bracket, she had a bye until the semi final round.  She won that one (pinned the girl in just over a minute), and lost her first match in the finals.  So, 2nd place.  It's great.  I'm glad she's lost one.  Gives her more motivation to work hard.  She lost to a girl with much more experience, and she didn't get pinned!  I'm looking forward to a fun (stressful for me) post season.  I was a mess all afternoon waiting for that final match to happen.  

Libby made a little friend. 

On the podium. 

  

No comments: