Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Middle School Final Girls Tournament

 Sarah had such a great wrestling season.  She missed the final match due to a cold (which I now have...ugh.). But anyway, she was ready to go for the tournament.  Finally a chance to wrestle with just other girls.  Sadly there were only 3 girls in her weight class, and one was her teammate Abby.  But Sarah wrestled strong against her first opponent, quickly pinning her.  Then she wrestled strong against Abby, fighting off her back in the first round, then almost getting a takedown in the second round. Abby is a strong 8th grader, nearly two years older than Sarah.  So I was super proud of her!  This year's wrestling showed me my girls are powerful ladies! It is stressful to watch your kids wrestling.  But the confidence they gain as they do something hard is so worth it. 

I finally got a picture of Sarah with an arm raised in victory.  It's a terrible one--but I got it! 


Lots of these girls are 8th grade--so SW is going to be amazing next year! 





 Now Sarah is doing track.  She wants to throw.  She was horrified that she was going to have to do lots of running for warm ups and even try all the running events.  But she did it!  And on Friday when I picked her up she said she, "felt really good!" 

No comments: