Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

The Real Easter...

 I had my hip surgery on April 15th.  That makes this the second Easter in a row that I was on crutches (last year it was a PRP).  Thankfully my mom was here this year!  She helped me with the baskets and filling and hiding the eggs.  I was still a pretty big mess on Easter.  (They didn't let me take anti-inflammatories for the first week, so it was oxy because the Tylenol wasn't cutting it! I think by Easter day I was okay without big meds--but I feel like they took awhile to wear off.) Anyway--my mom helped host Easter dinner by making the main food while I dozed.  And the Nortons brought awesome potluck contributions.  

Here are the two Easter pics I took.  Haha.  

My mom made these adorable deviled eggs. 

I forgot to take a pic of their "baskets" but I was very happy about them.  They each got a plastic popcorn tub as the "basket."  This way they'll stop stealing my mixing bowls for their (especially Libby's) nightly microwave popcorn.  The girls got new hydroflasks for their wrestling stickers (which now I can't find the stickers--they were on the counter until a few days before Easter).  Ben got a new Fortnite wallet, since the one he got for Christmas has already gone missing.  They got a requested candy and had a fun time finding eggs.  The bunny filled a bunch of the eggs with Easter legos again.  Ben had a good time putting the creation together.  It was a cute one with two bunnies this year.  We did a big extra hunt to find one missing egg with some of the legos--(and we did find several they had missed) but we couldn't find the ones Ben was looking for.  Finally, Libby was looking in her basket and realized she'd opened an Easter egg with legos into her basket. 

Love these kiddos.  Hate that I'm still crutching around and can't fully clean up Easter.  But eventually I'll be able to.  Sigh. 


No comments: