Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Friday, August 19, 2022

Girls Camp 2022--Trust in the Lord and Do Good

 We got home from Utah and had a one day turn around to head to Girls Camp.  Thankfully the drive home I felt a lot better than the drive to Utah.  We listened to Small Spaces (a Norton Reading Challenge book), I finished Trouble (by Gary Schmidt--loved!) and then I started The Cuckoo is Calling (A mystery novel Derek recommended...it was fun and compelling--but lots of swearing).  

The day we were home we had a myriad of appointments.  So many, in fact, that I forgot to take Libby to drill.  Ugh.  But I did manage to fit in a dentist appointment for me (I need a crown, ugh.), and doctors appointments for Sarah and Ben.  Then we had my friend and former roommate Laney over for dinner. It was super fun to catch up.  She is the one that introduced me to Derek.  How did we not even snap a selfie??  Super thankful for her friendship over the years--even though she's been back in Utah for many years.  Her kids were so fun.  Wish we lived closer.

Then off to Girls Camp.  And it was SO fun...all the right things.  Spiritual, fun, great weather, and good friends.  Some of my favorite women in the stake were there.  So I got in some good chatting.  Also, since I wasn't in charge--I just got to enjoy myself.  I appointed myself camp historian and took lots of pictures.  My favorite parts of camp were the Angel Walk (where girls paid compliments to each other--it was beautiful), the lake time (yes, I even got in).  I also loved the survivor relays (I rocked my leg of the kayak paddling--even with getting hooked onto another boat and having to get unhooked.). I climbed the easiest wall on the climbing tower.  (Libby climbed all of the routes, and Sarah stayed on the ground.)   

The Leader Survivor Team



Libby rocking her climbing

On the ferry on the way over.  We missed the first ferry by about 2 cars.  But that gave us enough time to get some Top Pot donuts! 

Libby on the rope swing

Sarah going off the slide

We went on a DQ outing! 

Me, CLIMBING! 

Libby flipping into the water

Archery time! 




Our 1/2 of the cabin.  So much fun! 


Anyway, I came away from camp with my soul singing--and the girls all did too.  Seriously--they all had fun and came to love each other so much more.  It was a huge win.

And then the laundry!!! Oh the size of the pile!  But it was worth it.

This week I've been catching up on life.  3 weeks of being gone is a lot.  My garden needed work.  My house needed decluttering.  More appointments, of course.  I also did a sleep study on Monday in the sleep lab.  It'll be interesting to see if they find sleep disturbances that maybe causing my endocrine or muscle recovery issues.  One more week free until school starts (for teachers.). Off to the ward campout tonight! 


No comments: