Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 28, 2022

My Last Weeks of Summer

 So the kids have a week and a half of summer left.  But I go back tomorrow.  I guess I'm ready.  But I do feel like I "summered" this year.  I relaxed a bit, worked in my garden a lot.  I read lots of books.  I organized things.  I completed most of my Summer 6.  (Go to the temple 6 times, have our family do 6 acts of service, play the piano 6 days a week--when not on vacation, try 6 new recipes, have Sarah and Ben swap bedrooms & paint Ben's old room for Sarah).  I also wanted to go on 6 hikes.  But instead I went on one big fat hard hike yesterday.  I'm going to start the school year very sore! 

The Mount Pilchuck Hike is hard.  Rough terrain.  Bouldering (serious) at the top.  And LONGER than we thought. Ugh.  And it was raining the WHOLE TIME.  I was proud of both myself and Ben for making it! 




We also had a youth activity at Richmond Beach this week--it wasn't a swimming activity.  But Sarah and Ben turned it into one.  (Sarah in jeans and a T).  My van was disgusting after I drove them home. 

One of our service activities this week was to sort school supplies that are going to each school for students in need.  It was really fun and it felt good to do good. 



AND--Libby got her permit!  Wow!  She starts drivers ed classes tomorrow.  Crazy! 


We did some school shopping. Ben texted pictures of his shoe options to get his sisters' advice.  Adorable. 


Last Saturday Ben got to go to the Celebrate Shoreline festival and hang out with Grandpa who was working the radio booth.  They all had a good time. 

I guess I'm ready to go back to school...here goes! 

No comments: