Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 7, 2022

The Week Before "Vacation"...

This summer all of our trips are packed into one 3 week period.  It's pretty crazy.  We are finishing week 2 right now.  But I'm going back to catch up on blogging.  The week before we left, Sarah and Ben did a really fun cooking class.  They learned to make Hello Dollys, homemade ice cream, charcuterie boards (including making a cool board using wood cutting), and a whole bunch of other things.  It was awesome to have them doing something fun and productive.  Geneva gave the class to them for their birthdays.  Libby was jealous that she didn't get to go...but there wasn't room for her once she saw how fun it was. 

We also got in some great pool time with friends, the Koenigs and Murdocks. 
We had 2 youth activities.  One was to the temple--we didn't take pictures this time since it was our second time.  The other was a lake activity at Lake Ballinger.  I took my paddle board out for its inaugural ride.  I went a bit too far for my hip flexor.  I'll need to work up slowly--but it was super fun.  
Libby had a friend birthday party.  She was nervous about people coming--and it took awhile for them to arrive, but in the end she had a great time celebrating with these 3 ladies. 

 I was busy shopping and prepping for the Center Circle camp store...I wish I would have bought more--next year I'll know ;)

No comments: