Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Ben's Ordination & Randall Visit

Thursday my parents came into town.  They came for Ben's ordination, but my mom also came to talk to my class.  It was super fun to hear her talk about publishing her book.  My class had great questions.  Derek was sick after all the insanity (he also spent several days right after Kelso helping to host the Japanese National Team).  Then Libby got sick too (and on Monday we realized she also had a skin staff infection.). But we managed to have a lovely weekend.  The spirit was awesome in Ben's ordination.  I'm so excited to see him looking forward to taking on the responsibilities of the priesthood.   


We played lots of games over the weekend, trying out all the new ones we got for Christmas.  I especially loved Farkle. 

The whole crew for the ordination. 



I also, of course, dragged my parents to a wrestling tournament.  Libby took 2nd after coming up against a 2 time senior and state participant.  My parents are becoming professional spectators! 

Ben was a little frustrated with how long we stayed at the tournament.  But we had to see Libby wrestle twice.  So he was icing his head. 

Mt. Rainier was lovely on our way to University Place. 

Libby with her victory.  (She had a first round bye--then got to wrestle in the finals.) 

We also had a birthday lunch at Kona Kitchen and pie at the Snohomish Pie Company.  So yummy!  I was sad to send my parents home! 

No comments: