Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

KELSO Girls Tournament

 I decided to help chaperone the girls at their tournament in Kelso WA.  I didn't exactly understand what I was getting into.  It was a HUGE tournament.  750 girls.  It started on Friday afternoon/evening--wrestling going until 10:30 pm.  Ouch.  There were 12 mats in 3 different locations.  So we were running up down, all around all evening.  It was exhausting.  Libby ran into some REALLY tough competition.  She won her first, lost her 2nd.  We got "dinner" at the AM/PM and crashed at the hotel.  

Saturday morning, Libby won her 3rd and lost her 4th matches.  The girls she lost to took 5th and 6th.  

I waited in line for a total of like 2.5 hours for gear (once I was getting close to the front of the line and then Libby was up to wrestle and I had to abandon my spot and start over.)

I came home so exhausted.  But it was a really cool experience to see the girls working so hard and bonding.  Sarah came with us and had a great time.  Ben spent the weekend at Maren's. 

I just love this group of ladies! 






No comments: