Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Happy New Year!

 We started a new New Year's tradition this year--at Maren's new house in Woodinville.  We made homemade pizzas (inspired by a friend's FB post--sounded so good) and I made another batch of WRETCHED whipped chocolate garbage that was supposed to be fondue.  I threw away the chocolate fountain.  Somehow it was putting too much air into the chocolate?  Or maybe I messed up the recipe somehow again.  But whatever the reason--it was GROSS.  

But the new year came anyway (at 12:00 am EASTERN :) My favorite. 




I made sure to bring lots of confetti as payback for last year.  (I literally just found more of the confetti strips from last year this week.  Seriously. Ha.) 

I couldn't find my list from 2022--I think Buddy ate it.  So I'm off the hook for the things I don't remember.  (One goal was Buddy training...does the fact that he ate my list mean that I failed on that?) My word for last year was LIGHT.  And one of my goals was to do a better job of Christmas lights outside.  I did that.  I wanted new bedroom lighting.  Didn't do that.  So you win some you lose some.  The joy of losing my list is that I can pretend I won a lot more than I did.  Ha. 

I created a 23 for 23 list.  My word for the year is FLEX-ible.  A nod to my biggest goal of daily yoga, and leaning into my strengths.  Including lots of strength training as I keep up with my PT.  I made 2 copies, so hopefully I won't lose it this year. 


No comments: