Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 17, 2023

First Week of Seminary

 You might think the first week of seminary wouldn't be blog worthy.  And normally I'd say it wasn't really.  The first few days were fun.  (And I enjoyed the lead up too--setting up a classroom is fun :).  I LOVE my co-teacher.  So amazing.  

The first two days were fun.

And then on day 3, when we got to the church, it had been broken into and ransacked.  The worst part for us was that the thief smoked in the seminary room, and also stole the 2 cell phones and 2 backpacks that we had prepared for the Thursday escape room.  UGH! They also stole all our candy (yes, we are into bribery.) 

So that was interesting.  I was scared to, but my co-teacher took kids around the building to check to see if anyone was still there.  Then they took pictures of the damage.  It wasn't too extensive because the thief broke into a lock box outside and stole a key.  So most of the doors were accessible inside.  Just the clerks office got kicked in.  The TVs were untouched.  

We did end up sneaking in a lesson after we moved to a non-smoking room.  (Thankfully the smell was gone by Thursday.)

Anyway, I am going to love this calling.  It's a fun group of kids...who I already know quite well from working in YW.  I am happy to be able to do more teaching of the gospel.

I'll be teaching on T/TH.  It'll make for very tight mornings.  But I'm excited.

Cup stacking and bonding activity on day one. 


Escape room work on Day 4. 



Some Day 3 photos...Libby said it was the best day of Seminary ever.  Haha. 



No comments: