Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 17, 2023

The Rest of Summer...

 I was really excited to blog about each of our fun individual weeks this summer.  And then we were finally home.  And I had lots of time.  And I just gardened.  And did yoga.  And listened to lots and lots of books.  And somehow it didn't seem blog worthy.  Until all of a sudden a month had gone by.  And now school has started!  And I have a new calling.  And yeah.  

So here's the rest of summer in a few photos.

We went on the ward campout at Cascade Park.  It was lovely.  






Andrew participated in the talent night--following along as Ben led everyone in the Macarena. It was hilarious. 


We brought Libby's boyfriend Andrew again...he's always welcome for camping.  He's super helpful.  

We spent a lot of time doing appointments.  Ben went to the eye doctor (twice) because his vision therapy doc doesn't contacts.  So he got glasses from one doctor, and is trying contacts from another.  He hasn't been very successful at getting them in.  But he's going to try his real ones this week to see if he could do it. All 3 kids got their sports physicals updated.  

I hosted a Top Chef style YW activity.  The food was yummy!  The girls did a great job cooking! 


I should take more pics of my yard, because it was amazing this year! (Still is, so I'll try to get some this week.) 

Ben went to Roche Harbor for the last week of summer.  We really missed him!  

But he had a blast. 

Libby and Sarah started swim team practice on August 21st (7:00 am :/).  But it put them both in a really good mood, reconnected Sarah with some of her elementary school friends, and was a great end to summer.  

We had our traditional gathering with the Walkers and Stephens for Labor Day.  But we forgot to take pictures.  I had already had some teacher work days...I had just one day left to prepare for the big day...

So yeah, while this summer started with some of the hardest things I've ever been through, and hope I ever will go through...it was a summer with lots of friends, family and fun.  I wasn't ready to go back to school.  But I was ready for my kids to go back! 

No comments: