Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, February 25, 2024

Shorewood Wrestling Makes History with Top 10 Finish

 https://www.shorelineareanews.com/2024/02/shorewood-girls-wrestling-finishes-in.html


I almost didn't make it to state.  Like physically, emotionally.  I'd been holding it together under all the stress pretty well.  But then I just fell apart.  Thankfully a therapy appointment, a decision to get a sub for seminary to give myself some breathing room, a night of sleep, a bit of journal venting, and a funny journal entry I wrote with my class helped me get grounded again.  The stress of "what if" Libby didn't place...it was a lot! 

But--it was a great weekend at State. 

Even as I look through the photo albums taken by our great photographer I can feel the stress in my body.  But we did it! 

Love my girl and I'm so proud of her and all the girls.  I'm proud of Derek.

And I made it too.  Whew.

 Here are some of the awesome pics of her matches (in order.) 

Libby vs. Zaragoza from Pasco.  Libby pinned her in 47 seconds. 


Proud Dad. 

This is her second match against Johnson from Lincoln.  Libby actually let her get a cradle in--I was very nervous for a minute.  But not long. 


Libby got out, took her down and pinned her in 1 minute and 8 seconds.  



YES!!!  Because she had a first round bye, this meant she was on to the medal rounds for sure! 


Her first match was Libby Roberts.  Libby took her down and pinned her in 1 minute and 40 seconds on her way to winning her 3rd state title.  (Our Libby lasted longer than her final opponent.  The girl who took 2nd only lasted 50 seconds.) 


4th match was Serati (man arms girl--seriously--zoom in and check it out!).  She's the one that Libby beat the weekend before to take 1st at regionals.  This week Serati won the day (and ended up taking 4th). 

Libby went into the 5th 6th match ready to get back to winning.  She took care of Born from Curtis in 57 seconds.  


It was a sweet day! 



No comments: