Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, April 14, 2024

General Conference Weekend

 We had such a great General Conference weekend.  I found a Fantasy General Conference activity that I did with my seminary class (some of them at least) and I found it super fun and compelling to see if my predictions for who would speak when would come true.  I also correctly predicted some of the hymns!  Holy cow!  I did really well.  Anyway, it added a little bit of fun.  

I also worked on a puzzle, and then the girls jumped in and helped.  Which was super fun.

We had the traditional cinnamon rolls.  It just felt good to be enjoying these traditions as a family.  Last year I was with Rachel for her last conference.  Libby only has one more year left at home.  So I'm feeling how fleeting life is.  Gotta soak it up.

I definitely heard some amazing messages. I am so thankful for the gospel in my life. 

Libby said I got them too thin...but it was a pretty good filling to bread ratio I thought. 

To balance out the cinnamon rolls. 

So good to hear from the prophet.  Sadly (for my fantasy score) I predicted he'd be back to his Saturday afternoon time slot instead of the Sunday afternoon.  


They kicked me out after conference and finished the puzzle. 


Buddy loves conference, as it means endless games of fetch with Derek.  


No comments: