Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, August 4, 2008

Ear Infection!

Well, the MMR shot that she got on Tuesday was not the cause of all our woes. In fact, she was hit by a virus that stopped up her nose like crazy. That then led to a lovely ear infection. Man, it is complicated being a mommy. I have now spent two nights watching the Emperor's New Groove in the middle of the night to help distract her from her misery. Today we finally went into the doctor and got some antibiotics. It is hard to find that balance between being that mom who rushes her daughter to the doc at the first sign of the sniffle and the one who waits so long that the kid is in agony. I may have waited too long on this one, but since it was Saturday and Sunday that I waited too long, I can't really blame myself, right? Anyway, while we were waiting to pick up the meds at Bartell's she crawled all over the whole store laughing all the time. So maybe she is starting to pull through.

1 comment:

Packer Family said...

I got ear aches so much when I was a little kid. The only thing that made them feel better (We couldn't aford a doctor visit)was a hair dryer or a warm bag of rice to sleep on. I feel for ya Libby!