Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sarah Louise


So I have been thinking a lot lately about my Grandma Louise Randall. I am Tricia Louise after her. During my first quarters at USU I lived with Grandma and Grandpa Randall in Logan. I was a bit frustrated by her cleanliness, orderliness, and fastidiousness at the time. But who does that sound like? YEP, me. So since I have been staying home with Libby and religiously doing my laundry on Monday, putting twist ties on stray cords, touching up paint with nail polish because it perfectly matches the color, and making her hamburger soup, I feel so thankful for her influence (both nature and nuture). I feel thankful to share her name. I am leaning toward having Sarah share that name too. Especially because my Granmda Louise is nearing 90. Sarah may not get to know her. But if she shares her name, she will be certain to ask. Then I can tell her about the amazing woman that is my Grandma.

3 comments:

Packer Family said...

Awwww! So Sweet.

Sleepless In St. George said...

I love it....and have fond memories playing barbies in your grandma's basement...with the outfits she made for them!

D-n-E said...

This was a very poignant post. We don't remember those who have gone before us enough. I'm also grateful for her hamburger soup recipe. :)