Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, December 8, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like...

...Cold season at our house. Yuck. Libby has been sick for 2 weeks + at this point. Sarah is sniffling like crazy. I have a sore throat, and Derek has body aches and chills. Hmmm. Gotta love that stressful time of year when everyone gets sick.
Last week was Derek's first big activity as ward activities committee chair. Two major problems. He has a disfunctional commitee (only 3 helpers) and he had wrestling all night the night before and all day on the day of. So I called on the faithful Fillmores, my brother Dave, and my in-laws and we got it all done. Whew. Actually, all of the participants in the Nativity helped set up and take down or we would have died trying to get it all done. It turned out pretty good, but we learned a few tough lessons.
Now, on to Christmas!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I feel your pain. I am the ward activities chair in our ward--with my committee of 3 others. Our ward party is this Sat. Dinner with a bake sale, silent auction and services auction with all procees going to buy supplies and diapers for Romanian orphans. We have a couple in our ward going to Romania on an internship and bishop felt that this would be a good thing to help out with. The stress has already been mounting. But I do see a light at the end of the tunnel.

triciarnorton said...

Wow! That is intense! Good luck with your party. It always feels good when the activity is over ;)