Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bad Mommy Moments

Over the past couple of days I have had a few bad mommy moments. Maybe sharing them will help me feel less bad...
Libby loves to play outside. She doesn't mind being outside by herself (she seems to have a hoard of imaginary friends with her), but she wants the door to the kitchen wide open. This can be quite chilly for me, so I have been teaching her to knock at the door instead of keeping it open. On Monday she was out back, and I went out to do some work in the garage. I checked on her once and she was fine. Then Derek started up the lawnmower out front so I couldn't hear her anymore. When I went back to check the next time she was standing at the back door knocking and calling me and sobbing. Huge tears everywhere. I felt horrible!
Next bad mommy moment was yesterday when at 3:30 pm I realized that Sarah had been in the same diaper since 8:00 am. Yuck! No wonder she was getting grumpy!
Being a mommy certainly never has dull moments.

5 comments:

Lisa Merkley said...

Think on the bright side: At least Libby was still out in the yard instead of NOT! And at least Sarah wasn't wearing cloth diapers! Let's think positively!

Nancy said...

Is that all the bad mommy moments you've ever experienced? You need to have another child.

Debbi said...

Yeah, the mom thing is tougher than you think. Good thing kids are forgiving. I also think it sets a good example if mommy has to say "I'm sorry" sometimes--and the child learns the value of forgiveness.

triciarnorton said...

I can always rely on my fellow moms to help me feel better about myself :)

the Rew Crew said...

This post made me laugh so hard, because TRUST ME, my bad moments are so much worse.

And I totally agree with Nancy's comment...