Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Return Home

We spent an amazing week in Utah. It was so fun!! We saw lots of old friends and had some good times. Also, some less than good times. We didn't get to see as many friends as I wanted to because our AC went out on the van. Also I had to take Sarah to the doctor there (maybe I should make another post about her ear infections...) Anyway, it was overall a very relaxing and fun trip. We drove all the way home on Thursday. We got in about 11:30 pm and I walked in with that "I am so glad to be home!" feeling. Then I opened the fridge to put away the food from the cooler. Imagine my surprise when what greeted me was not a blast of cool air, but rather the stench of rotten food. I realized that I had unplugged the computer before I left--but unfortunately I had also unplugged the fridge because they are (WERE) plugged into the same power strip. So rather than spending yesterday blogging about my trip, I cleaned and bleached and cleaned the fridge. Then I shopped to replace the large amount of food that was ruined. Wow. But at least it wasn't because our fridge died...look on the bright side, right?
I am sitting next to the fridge now and I can barely smell it :) Unless I open it :(
I heard this morning about a product called fresh wave to get the smell out. Anyone tried it?

3 comments:

Laney said...

Hey, I'm sad I didn't get to see you! But it sounds like a busy trip. I'm sorry I didn't call. This week has been a bit crazy - we just got back from LA on Sunday and leave tomorrow for another trip, so this week has been all about catchup and preparation. Hope you had a fabulous time!

Nancy said...

Oh--what a welcome home surprise. So sorry. Don't know of any fancy cleansers to help with the smell. All I can suggest is time and a box of open baking soda in your fridge door, which I'm sure you've thought of. Glad you could have some time with your family.

Amber said...

So your comment about the dog food made me laugh so hard! Because that very day, I noticed Stella was eating Cheerios off the floor with much more interest than in her chair, so I just tossed some more food down on the floor to her! HA! Thanks for sharing your experience--it made me feel better about mine :)