Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

New BEDS!

Well, actually Libby got the new bed, Sarah got the hand-me-down. This was all part of a ploy to get Libby to give up her binkie in order to sleep in her new Big Girl Bed. It didn't work. About 10:30 when she was whining for her binkie, Derek (who was on watch) suggested we give in and we did. (Or maybe I suggested it. I was 90% asleep and wanted to get back to 100%.) Oh well. I guess she will be packing her binkie for her 10th birthday slumber party.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I wished I'd known you were needing another toddler bed, we have one we need to get rid of. We joke that Cora's future husband better be ok with bink and bunny cause right now it feels like she will never give them up. I feel sleep is WAY more valuable than getting rid of a binkie.

Sleepless In St. George said...

my friend dipped her boys in vinegar before she gave it to him. She told him he could have it...but he didn't want it cause it was yucky. It only took him a day to give it up. Good luck. I was sad Addison didn't want a bink...but glad I didn't have to go through the process of giving it up!

Debbi said...

How did Sarah do in her "big girl bed?" Can't take away a thumb, can you. Parenting is tough. I think Nick might still sleep with a "weapon," but probably not a plastic He-man sword. Libby will give up the binky when she's ready. No worries.

Nancy said...

Not that you need any more advice, but I've heard of cutting off the tip of the binky before.
Love you!

Taylor said...

Mad just gave up her's like two weeks ago but really it's not a problem for her to use it. we even asked our Dentist, and he said it wouldn't harm her.