Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Thursday, April 7, 2011

50 Nifty United States

I have been teaching the girls one of our family favorite songs. I figured that since they were pledging allegiance to the United States, they should know what the states are, right?
We started learning it about 3 weeks ago. They picked it up pretty fast. It is long, though, so they struggle with the stamina to go the distance. I offered them a whole candy bar if they could sing it for me at preschool. Needless to say, neither got a candy bar for their work on Wednesday, but I thought it was cute enough to share.


3 comments:

Debbi said...

Awesome!!

Sleepless In St. George said...

I totally remember Brian singing fifty nifty! Great job girls!

Myrna said...

What an accomplishment. We just started states in my second grade and some students can't even say the names. I need a copy of your song.
I loved when Sarah said, "You do it", I laughed over that. Afterall, enough is enough!
Tell Libby she was awesome to make it all the way through the song. Great job to Trish to.