Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fun in Utah

We had a great trip to Utah. I got to forget about myself and stop bemoaning my pregnant-ness in order to help plan my sister Rachel's wedding. So fun! In one week we found a reception center, met with 2 florists, one cake decorater extraordinaire (I highly recommend coconut vanilla cake!), chose announcements, and managed to have some fun too. I finally got to meet Brad, the lucky guy. He will be a great addition to our family, although Derek did bemoan the fact that he isn't really a sports fan. He is more of another addition to the acting, movie loving part of the family. He is very fun. Apparently he is a very competitive game player. That will make Derek happy!
The girls got YET ANOTHER COLD while we were there. But they had a blast playing with Bryn, Brian, Emily, and Grandpa and Grandma while Rachel and Brad and I ran around doing wedding stuff. Actually, Brad became an instant favorite with the girls too.
I enjoyed all the good food I love in Utah that I can't get here. Super healthy stuff like La Frontera, Carl's Jr. and In and Out Burger. I gained a few extra pounds while there. But, only 7 ish weeks to go!








Derek missed us and was very glad we came back...just in time for him to go away for a weekend with the boys (his highschool friends) in Portland. But he promised to be back in time for Easter eggs before church on Sunday.


The girls with their travel backpacks. They did quite well on the flight because we borrowed Maren's mini-DVD player and watched one of Alayne's Barbie Movies.




Grandpa let the girls ride on the suitcases while we waited in line to check them. Why are my flights out of SLC always delayed? So annoying!

I couldn't tell if the girls were really impressed by In and Out Burger or not. Libby prefers Burger King (or King Burger as she called it the other day) because she loves Chicken fries.




1 comment:

Myrna said...

June 11 or 12 for the baby? You can tell I'm doing a catch up and reading your blogs backwards can't you. I felt bad that I didn't get to meet Brad in Logan. Thanks for the picture of him with the girls. I'm so thrilled for them.